National Friendship Day Cocktail Recipes
National Friendship Day is celebrated each year on the first Sunday of August, falling on August 1st this year. It’s a time to celebrate what friendship means to you with your closest pals. At Old Tennessee Distilling Co., we know nothing brings people together better than an ice-cold drink (or two!). We’re breaking down our favorite cocktails to mix up with your best group of friends. Feel free to test these out or let us know what your go-to drinks are with your group of friends by tagging us on social media.
Old Fashioned: This one is for the boys. We’re keeping it simple and hearty.
- 2 oz Thunder Road 101
- 0.5 oz maple syrup
- 5 dashes of orange bitters
- Add your maple syrup and orange bitters to a rocks glass. Then, fill the glass with large ice cubes, and the bourbon, and give it a gentle swirl.
- Note: Make each drink individually, or multiply the ingredients by the number of people in attendance to create a large amount; then pour equally into rocks glasses and enjoy.
Flirtini: For the girls. This drink is as delightful as it is fun.
- 1 oz. Dumplin Creek Vodka
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- 0.5 oz. triple sec
- 0.5 oz orange juice
- 0.25 oz. simple syrup
- Combine all ingredients aside from the Sprite into a shaker. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass and top with Sprite.
- Note: This drink is best when created separately for each person.
Strawberry Spritzer: For any group of friends enjoying summer days and friendship.
- 2 oz. Dumplin Creek Summer Strawberry Moonshine
- 4 oz. Sprite
- Muddled/sliced strawberries (optional)
- Simply combine your moonshine and Sprite into your favorite glass and pour over ice.
- Note: If you want to add a garnish, we recommend muddling strawberries and adding them to the bottom of your glass before adding the liquid or using sliced strawberries as a garnish around the rim of your glass.
- Note: This drink can be created individually or served out of a large pitcher. Just watch your ratios if making a large portion at once.
These are just a few of our favorite recipes to share with friends. If you’re running low on any of your staples, head to our Kodak, TN location to stock up on everything you need to celebrate National Friendship Day in style. If you don’t feel like mixing these drinks up, but still want to indulge, stop by and see us for $5 cocktails. If you do create your own cocktails, make sure to tag us on social media and show off your cocktails – and friends!